A long distance move includes any move that crosses state lines. VIP Investments Inc./ 5 Star Relocation offers service throughout the continental United States, focusing on shipments arriving and departing from the state of Texas. VIP Investments Inc./ 5 Star Relocation, guarantees on-time pick-up. Whether you’re destination is from California to Florida, Oregon to Maine or anywhere in between, We’re proud to offer the best possible service at an affordable price. We will ensure the safety and care of your belongings, so you can concentrate on a new beginning.
Please take a look at the chart below to get an idea of the approximate weight of your move based on number of rooms:
Number of Rooms Average Weight (In LBS)
Studio 1,000 lbs
1 Bedroom Apartment 1,000 to 2,000 lbs
2 Bedroom Apartment 2,000 to 3,500 lbs
2 Bedroom House 3,500 to 5,500 lbs
3 Bedroom House 5,500 to 7,000 lbs
4 Bedroom House 7,000 to 10,000 lbs
Larger 10,000 lbs +
Price is determined on two elements:
Your weight will be determined by 2 weight station tickets one prior to loading and second after household items are loaded to the truck. Weight tickets are provided by US DOT certified weight stations by law.
Packing & Materials:
The cost of boxes and other packing materials provided by the mover will be charged accordingly based on your use. Special discount may be available by contact your move specialist.
LxWxH = 1 cu.ft. If you choose to be charged by weight, 1 cu.ft. = 7lbs
Services included in long distance move are the following:
- Expert advice and guidance throughout the move process
- Communicative and responsive customer service
- Delivery windows (if requested & if possible)
- Door to Door pick up and delivery
- A written descriptive inventory
- Basic assembly and disassembly of beds, tables, mirrors from dressers and other standard pieces
- Complete wrapping of all furniture with commercial moving blankets and Pads
- 30 days of free in-transit storage (to help with delay you may have with your new home, customer must notify that such service is required).
- Long haul transportation with air-ride suspension vehicles
- All fuel, tolls, taxes and USDOT fees
Standard cargo insurance is up to $100,000 liability based on .60 cents per lb per article